WEDNESDAY NIGHT CO-ED DOUBLES LEAGUE - Runs 8 weeks - June 30 to July 28 AND Sept 1, 8 and 15
Please dont' register into this league if your schedule doesn't accommodate the weekly commitment. Fee: $25.00
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: MAY 22!!!!
FOLLOWING ARE THE LEAGUE FORMAT AND RULES, including player responsbility for scorekeeping tasks and getting a spare. Scroll to the bottom for information on how to register into the league.
- There are two time-slots each night: 6:45pm and 8:15pm
- On Thursday, players receive their court time booking e-mail for the next Wednesday.
- Spare needed: If a conflict arises and you cannot make a game, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org IMMEDIATELY.
League Night Play Instruction:
- Upon arrival, please go directly to your court. Balls and scoresheets will be there.
- 6:45pm players must leave used balls and 1 scoresheet on court for the 8:15pm players.
- Play 30 minutes with each player for a total of 90 minutes.
- First 30 minute time slot includes a 5 minute warm-up.
- Check time to determine if you will start a new game or move into the next match-up.
- Play as many games as possible in each 30 minute time-slot.
Scoring Instructions (use the Doubles League Scoresheet):
Select one player to be the Scorekeeper, who will be responsible to:
- Record the # of games won by each player after each 30 minute round.
- Tally the total games for each player at the end of the 1.5 hour time-slot.
- Record 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th place beside each player name, and
- GIVE THE SCORESHEET TO KTC STAFF IMMEDIATELY AFTER YOUR MATCH!!
If scoresheets are not submitted, all players move down.
- Initial Box position determined by the Pro; then game counts determine movement.
- 1st place moves up. 4th places moves down. 2nd & 3rd place stay.
- For cancelled games; the player who could not attend moves down; all others stay.
- If there is rain, all matches are deferred to the following week.
- On league nights, league players are not allowed to book a court prior to/after matches.
SPARES and NO SHOWS:
When a player notifies KTC that they cannot make a game, KTC will send an e-mail to membership to attempt to get a spare.
- If a spare is found, the court time will be re-booked with the spare included.
- If a spare cannot be found, KTC will send a court cancellation e-mail to all of the players.
IT’S NO FUN WHEN PLAYERS NO-SHOW ON LEAGUE NIGHT.
Please write to email@example.com well in advance if you are unable to attend!!
TO REGISTER INTO THE WEDNESDAY NIGHT DOUBLES LEAGUE, please:
- Log into your KTC account.
- On your member dashboard, go to the "Singles Tennis Ladder" tile. (yes... the SINGLES ladder....)
- Click on the "View Ladder Rules" link to review the rules before registering.
- Click on the "register for singles tennis ladder" .
- Input your NTRP rating; this enables the ladder to schedule you with players of a similar skill level.
- In the "choose ladder" dropdown, select the Wednesday Night Doubles League from the options.
- Click "submit application."
Your status will be pending after you complete the registration process. The Pro will place participants into Boxes; at that point, you will receive an email notifying you of your acceptance into the league.