THE 2021 KTC CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH PLAY: open to members only - Match Play runs August 3-27, 2021
To register into the Club Championship Match Play, log into your member account and from your home page, click on the "Singles Tournament" drop down and/or the "Doubles Tournament" drop down. Select the appropriate event from the list of events in the drop down menu. Fee: $12.00 per event.
Players must ensure they have entered the correct event based on their NTRP rating:
- Lower rated players may enter up.
- Higher rated players cannot enter down. (Entry will be removed.)
Players can enter a maximum of 5 events: two in Sections 1 & 2 and one in Section 3.
- Open = 4.5 and up
- B = 2.5 to 4.0
Singles are coed. Doubles may be mixed gendered.
Two matches guaranteed; drop down in all categories! Novice players should enter into the "B" event (you will have well matched games in the drop down)
PLAYER AVAILABILITY: You must be available to play: Monday - Friday: 5:30pm to 11:00pm and
Saturday - Sunday: 9:00am to 8:00pm
Section 1: August 3-8, entry deadline July 28th
- Open Singles and its drop down
- "B" Doubles and its drop down
Section 2: August 16-21, entry deadline August 11th
- Open Doubles and its drop down
- "B" Singles and its drop down
Section 3: August 22-27, entry deadline August 16th
- Open Mixed Doubles and its drop down
- "B" Mixed Doubles and its drop down
Scheduling conflicts cannot be accommodated. Players must make themselves available to play.
- The drawmaster shall book matches.
- Players will receive a court booking email to denote the date/time of each of their matches.
- Players are responsible to know their match play date/time.
- Check this by going to your Homepage, View/Cancel My Booked Courts.
- Match times: M-F from 5:30pm to 11pm; Sat/Sun: from 9:00am to 8:00pm
- Players must make themselves available to play.
- Players will only ever play 1 match per day, unless there is a weather event.
- Match play rules: All matches are one hour for singles and 1.5 hours for doubles. Count the number of games won/lost by each player/team and report this information to the drawmaster. If there is a tie after 55 minutes of play in singles or 85 minutes of play in doubles: play a 12 point tie break to identify a winner. (First to 7 points, win by 2.)
Match Play Rules:
- Entrants must be a member of Kildonan Tennis Club.
- All MTA rules and sanctions apply as outlined in "The Rules of the Court".
- The Match Play Committee reserves the right to alter the format.
- Night matches will be played under the lights.
- Proper tennis attire is required, including flat soled tennis shoes.
- The Committee reserves the right to set a player's rating and seeding if needed.
- The Committee/Club will not be responsible for misinformation over the phone.
- Players, please check your homepage "View/Cancel My Booked Courts" to confirm your match times.
- SCHEDULING CONFLICTS ARE NOT ALLOWED. YOU MUST BE AVAILABLE TO PLAY.
- Entry fee must be paid to finalize entry into the tournament event.
- NO REFUNDS.